Sunday 10 March 2013

Nancy Bentley wins ACT Writing and Publishing Awards 2012- Children's section

At the ACT Writers Centre Christmas party in late December 2012, I was thrilled to hear my name announced as the winner of the ACT Writing and Publishing Awards 2012- Children's Section. 

My beautiful, true, story of six year-old, Nancy Bentley The First Australian Female Sailor was chosen as the winning entry. It was a marvellous moment, and the prize of a gift voucher from Paperchain Bookstore, Manuka, was a pleasant surprise. 
Best of all- I received hundreds of fabulous gold stickers to place on my books. I have never valued stickers so much in my life.

Illustrated by my friend and a very talented illustrator- Jacqui Grantford. Published by New Frontier Publishing




The ACT Writers Centre Christmas party was a delightful evening. After the Awards I got to meet with the other winning authors for a photo-shoot.


Winners of the ACT Writing and Publishing Awards- 2012


Me celebrating my win. I was very excited.
My book and the Award

The Gold stickers


This the beautiful floral arrangement I received from my publisher-  New Frontier Publishing. The arrangement arrived a few days later and was such a wonderful surprise. My dearest thanks to Sophia and Peter Whitfield, who own, and run a fabulous Publishing House and treat their Authors like family.







No comments:

Post a Comment