Tuesday 12 June 2012

Carpet Court Storybook Challenge 2012

June is powering along and I have many exciting Author Events to undertake in the next 3 weeks . This month I am off on road trips around NSW visiting schools, promoting the Carpet Court Storybook Challenge.













Last week I had a beautiful trip out to Cootamundra and Young. It was a crisp day but the schools were warm and welcoming. After reading my picture books, I spoke with the children about entering the challenge.

So what does a Carpet Court Store have to do with writing a story I hear you ask? Schools in the region have been invited to enter the Carpet Court Storybook Challenge and each student in years 1- 4 has the opportunity to write and illustrate a story based on "What I love most about my community".  Entries are to be posted on the Carpet Court Facebook and the community can view and vote on the entries. The winning  entry wins a $250 Book prize for the student, and the school wins a $1,000.00 book prize and a wonderful reading mat from the local Carpet Court store.

Friday 15th June I am visiting Schools in Tamworth and Armidale NSW. The following week I'm off to Ulladulla and Bateman's Bay, finishing with an event in the ACT.

To find out more about the Storybook Challenge and how to enter, simply click the link below.

www.carpetcourt.com.au/storybook-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment